23 Responses to Dreams and Despair

1. Fantastic post. Like they say, ‘if your dream doesn’t scare you it’s not big enough’. Go for it and good luck.

Rachel, thank you so much for your kind thoughts and encouragement. I wish you the same in your pursuits. Nice to have made the connection. Thank you and have a lovely day! – Bill

2. Kids really do turn things upside down. Everything from eating habits to self-talk change, when you realize what they might model. Nothing habitual is left unexamined, which really is like getting a second chance or starting over as an adult.

Yes, they give you a chance to see yourself anew. Kind of like a mirror that talks back! Yikes! Thanks Michelle for reading and offering your thoughts. Have yourself a great day. – Bill

3. You’re in amazing company…Wallace Stevens, Ted Kooser…wrote at dawn before their ‘real’ day-life began. I love your sketch. Got a refrigerator? Leave a link on my Illumination post. 🙂 And BTW, it’s all gravy.
    Toni

4. alesiablogs says:

This is a real gutsy post. Good for you for opening up like this. Life gets in the way of our dreams at times. I resemble that remark myself. I am just fortunate I am still write and think for the most part after a brain tumor and a stroke. Miracles do happen. You are doing a great thing.

5. Paper_Wizard says:

Sometimes it’s good to be reminded why – thanks – I needed that!

6. seeker says:

It’s all a beautiful dream and that’s all what it takes.

7. ranu802 says:

I am glad you have decided to go back to your dream of being a writer.Good luck!

8. Pingback: The Green Study “Worst Job I Ever Had” Contest: 3rd Place | The Green Study

9. Wow, a kindred spirit. Now I don’t have to write this, you’ve said it for me!

10. Liz Gray says:

Was your Smith-Corona brown? Pretty sure I learned to type on that in high school. Yep…I miss the SATISFACTION that comes with the WACK when you get to the end of a line of typing! But I don’t miss the white-out all that much! Glad you get in touch with your inner joy by writing before going to work!

Hi Liz – I had the other model Smith-Corona (the green one). That lovely shade of green you only see in the early 70s, that’s a kind of pistachio. Beats the heck out of those electric typewriters, if you ever used one of those…I had an IBM selectric too, but it smelled weird and got hot (and stuttered). Thank you for stopping by my blog!

11. Keep writing and be happy while juggling everything! Being a project manager AND writing in the morning before work, is all good. There are multiple ways to fulfill dreams.

12. Pingback: All this could be yours: being yourself on LinkedIn | Pinklightsabre's Blog

13. m88 says:

Article writing is also a fun, if you know afterward you can write if not it
    is difficult to write.