Full disclosure, on writing (The Hex)

I blew myself out of the page
with nothing to make
me feel real
except the thought my
eyes could be
my hands
and my breath
could make me
believable.

This entry was posted in poetry and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Full disclosure, on writing (The Hex)

1. meshaphane39 says:

Thanks for the update.
    Sent from meshack’s BlackBerry®

Love it. Not sure why, but I do. Love Pavement, too. It’s 1:32 in the a.m. here and I’m drinking wine and looking over my shoulder as I type, distracted by the thought of the ghost my wife thinks was looking out our daughter’s bedroom window as she came home last night. Everyone else is in bed and I’m not used to the noises this place makes yet. Good times!

Your wife needs to put that imagination of hers to writing. Or you can steal hers, why not? What was the ghost wearing? I’m glad you liked it, and the Pavement song. Hex is German for witch, no surprise. And our cat Roxy follows us around town like a familiar, gives me special powers. Read those lyrics to the Pavement song sometime if you haven’t ever. Malkmus is one of those guys I’d like to have dinner with, of anyone throughout the ages. More so than Christ, I think. God installed that radar in your pointy little beak so you’d return.

• walt walker says:

I went so far as to set up a blog for her. Named it, made a header, changed both until she liked them too…and then she never did anything with it. Her blog would be huge, if she’d just write the mofo. But she won’t. Malkmus, bigger than JC? I can’t type it out for fear of a lightning strike. I will steal her ghost story, though. It’s already writing itself in my head. But I can’t do it tonight, because already spooked.

Yeah OK I hadn’t had my coffee when I wrote that about Malkmus but that’s the thing about the Internet, you can’t take it back. Isn’t it great when it writes itself in your head? That’s what I mean about the projectile-vomiting, it looks really cool when it comes out but kind of smells like your insides when it hardens.

I do like this one quite a bit.