If the world could be a sweater and I could try it on before buying it

img_2509Bit by bit

how much

we needed
things,
things
that make us
feel full.

This entry was posted in poetry and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to If the world could be a sweater and I could try it on before buying it

1. Joan Enoch says:

Yes, I was just thinking about data myself (shy says wryly) having been with a gone-off internet for a day or two – love it, hate it.

Yowza. (Now, I’m going to play copy editor because it’s a sickness and I can’t help myself: did you mean “cord” instead of “chord”?)

3. kingmidget says:

This is scary and apocalyptic. And, unfortunately, true.

yes, we work so hard to forget what will never go away – everything is immortalized on the interwebs…..

This is the best cloud based poetry solution I’ve seen.

6. amcmulin914 says:

Pillars and mounds my friend, pillars and mounds. Missed reading you in my recent computer hiatus, had to look through the back catalogue. Good to see we’re staying in the deep stuff. Been on dystopia, nihilistic stint lately in my reading, A Farewell to Arms, A Brave New World, Lolita, Orxy and Crake, got me looking pretty suspiciously at the world. But in it all you realize it sort of a sweet and sour thing, complexity, mutual definition. The ones and zero, are made in your image. The iPhone are I. I IPHONE, so I am. Thanks Buddy! Merry Christmas!

Hey Austin! Nice to see you again and thanks for sharing what you’ve been up to. I’m looking forward to catching up on the battery of posts you launched last night, to learn more! And thanks for being here, I missed your voice on your blog and also on mine, thanks for stopping back. And merry Christmas to the crew.

• amcmulin914 says:

Hello Bill! Missed this comment, still on cell phone data, but things are finally slowing down enough I’ve had some time to read and write more, including many of your recent posts, was missing reading ya. Got a bunch of great posts getting lined up, talking more about the details of our adventures. Hope all is well in your world!

So great to hear from you Austin! I saw you were back, on my phone, getting into work today…looking forward to catching up man, and hearing what’s going on?! Bill

7. Lynn Love says:

Must be the global gluttony of Christmas that’s making you think holes and emptiness that never fills. We’re all like the negative version of the Magic Porridge Pot – instead of being forever full, we’re forever empty, searching for something to fill us to the brim.
    Love the ones and zeroes and all amounting to nothing. Poetry about data – great thought Bill